Saturday, September 5, 2009









(NOTE..this is from our family blog, but I wanted to share our day yesterday)

Today my mom would've turned 80 years old. She always told me that she didn't want anyone to make a big fuss. We had a big reception for my father's 80th birthday and the whole family came. Today was quiet and I needed to fill up some of the silence so I took my kids on a pilgrimage through things my mother liked to do with us. We first visited the Gale Center where my mother was a tour guide/docent and the kids had a wonderful time playing pioneer children. Then we visited the library and all read children books (my mother was a children's librarian). Then we visited a gourmet cookie store and indulged in exotic flavors. We ended our adventure by joining Zach and Dad at Arctic Circle and ate halibut (my mom loved it). We all took turns telling favorite memories of her and different stories. I think she would have had a fun time with us. What a perfect way to remember a woman who loved us and we miss her very very very much. Happy birthday mom, I hope you had a delightful day and that you felt our love!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures and the fun. Mom would have loved it!!!

Brita Graham said...

What Becky said. :)