Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fifty Percent

I was told today I have a fifty chance to live even with radiation treatment and having most of my tongue removed. It is kind of sobering because I have never given much thought, till now, about living or dying.

Today's surgery consisted of three tests done on my throat. One for the larynx, one for the esophagus, and the last one was on my lungs. The good news is that they all appear to be clean of cancer. The back news is that my tongue makes up of all the good news.

The cat scans showed that I have a double hernia and some spots on my liver that might be cancerous but probably not.

I really look forward to a life without speech and the possibility of never eating real food again. Thanks for your prayers and fasting. I am sure they made a difference.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

we continue to pray for you!!

Becky said...

Good luck with the surgery, you are in my prayers.