Wednesday, December 10, 2008

News From Becky

Hi All--It is a cold and blustery day in Rock Springs, I was hoping that I could hibernate this winter but I don't think it will happen.

Last week I had to have a few breast biopsies and I kinda had an adventure--they hit a blood vessel and so I have a vey purple breast ( the whole thing) with a bonus lump. The results are I have atypical ductal hyperplasia (probably misspelled that)--which means I have weird cells that could become cancerous and also they sometimes (25% of the time) have cancer cells hanging out in the same vicinity. So that means that I need to have a lumpyctomy. I don't know when it will be because the Surgeon is out of town until today. For insurance reasons I hope to get it done before we roll into 2009. I'm really not nervous about it because they said even if they find some cancer cells we have caught it very early--the spot is very small. I'm confident that I am seeing good doctors down at Saint Mark's and it's just going to be another lump in my chest. We Asplund girls seem to get those (has everybody had something biopsied?) but at least they are benign.

I hope everyone is getting in the Christmas spirit, I watched Charlie Brown's Christmas which is one of my favorites. Now I just need to get out my White Christmas, Holiday Inn, Scrooge and It's a Wonderful Life dvd's and I'll be in the Christmas mood.....because "which way to Con,,nec,,ti,,cut"

Love to all--Hope finals are going great for Kallee, Amber, Kelsey, Lon, Shane, Aaron, Justus and Loren. Drive Safe!

1 comment:

Brita Graham said...

Hang in there Beck! It seems it's lump year, not leap year, as we had been told.