Saturday, September 4, 2010

Celebration!!

Today marked what would have been mom's 81 birthday. Today many events happened that made me miss her the most since her passing. I wanted to write something that would help me remember her greatness and goodness! She was flawless in some things, I mean really flawless. She loved perfectly. In her heart she really only saw the good in others. To this day I can not remember her saying an unkind word about another person AND she took that one more step... any time I felt hurt by another person she ALWAYS reminded me that I was to try to love them and see their side. Today I think that reminds me of Jesus. I remember mom saying really simple prayers--almost child like and sometimes in my vain attempts to be sophisticated I would look down on them. Now I look up and realize just how close she was to the Savior at those times. She really did become as a child in her faith and her unfailing love! She understood the Savior's teachings. She truly was flawless in her child like faith and love for others.

I hope you celebrated some how!!

No comments: