Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Milwaukee Mom

So, Hello from wisconsin... we wanted to post and say that it was so good to see so many of you (and sad to miss the rest!) Liz said that I should share funny kid stories for you, but my mind always goes blank as soon as I start typing. So I'll recount our journey instead.
We drove for three days from SLC back to Milwaukee, and thankfully Kelsey came with us. We had a ton of fun, and some not fun....
*Kelsey and I managed to quote mom at the same time. We said "that's what happens" after Scottie bonked his head while jumping on the bed.
*Grace spilled chocolate chip granola bar in her lap, but she was in a skirt, so the chocolate melted all over her legs. When she saw it she screamed, "What the heck is in my legs?? Is it poop???" Kelsey tried to help her clean it up, but we were laughing too hard.
*Kelsey taught Scott to say 'Puke'
*Grace shared the hotel bed with Kels two nights in a row. One night they fought over the covers, the second, Grace's hand met up with Kels's face about 5 times.
*We got 'lost' when the bridge over the Mississippi on I-80 was closed. Kels was the navigator and tried to lead us around, but I took a different way when I saw a random road sign. Grace was a little worried, but we made it just fine.
*When we got home we went to the Jelly Belly Factory and got free samples (and a few not-as-free samples too) and we visited the Milwaukee Zoo.
My other faveorite moment was when Grace and Kelsey were eating pudding. I asked how it was, and Kelsey replied, "Well... you know that taste you get in your mouth when you're sharpening your pencil?" To which I dissolved into helpless laughter and that was the end of the discussion.
We love and miss you.... take care!!
Whitney

3 comments:

Kel-C said...

The best part of the "taste in your mouth when you sharpen pencils" is that at the Jelly Belly factory there were jelly beans that were pencil shaving flavored. I told Whitney to try it so she would know what I was talking about....for some reason she declined...

Unknown said...

AWESOME....keep the posts coming. You're the best mom!

Brita Graham said...

What a great trip. :)